Quote

'If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel ." Benjamin Netanyahu
First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Introduction

"If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.... But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his inequity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand." Ezekiel 33:2b-6 I have not been appointed, but I feel the weight of the watchman, because I see the sword coming. How can I not warn the people?

Yuri Bezmenov
Uploaded by onmyway02.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Memorial Day

Memorial Day

I sat today (Wednesday, 5/26/10) and had the longest conversation with a man who was a World War II veteran. I had an opportunity to get a CT today and grabbed it. Glenn Beck had told us to listen to that little voice, so I did. I almost didn't see him in the waiting room. He was off in the corner by himself, with a walking cane in front of him, scribbling on a pad of paper. I started by just asking him if he noticed a difference in the level of patriotism between now and World War II. That's when I discovered that he was a veteran.

He joined the Navy when he was 17. He gave me his service as 9 years, and then added the months, days, hours and minutes. I told him that I was a Navy veteran, too: 3 years, 11 months, and 4 days. Neither one of us could quite wrap our minds around why people aren't as patriotic as they used to be. He said it's because they don't teach it in the schools anymore. I believe he's right. He also said, "It's hard to be patriotic when your President is a communist." Ouch.

So here we were, 2 different generations, telling war stories in an oncology office. This man was at Hiroshima right after they dropped the bomb. He has a 4-point cane because he has neuropathy in his legs. They think he picked up enough residual radiation to cause damage. He has paid a high price for America's Freedom, for our Liberty. Some paid the ultimate price and didn't get to come home. I watched his eyes as he spoke about the bodies still lying on the ground when he got there. The cost of Freedom is high even for those that got to come home. He said, when he gave his years in service, that he just couldn't take it anymore.

My thoughts went back to Washington, D.C., as he asked me why our President doesn't salute the flag when the National Anthem is played. I didn't have an answer for him. I said there is a whole generation who thinks the last words of the National Anthem are "Play Ball!" I told him a year ago, I never would have believed that a man would run for president that wanted to destroy our country. He agreed.

I knew his generation is too polite to ask, so I volunteered why I was there. I'm a 5 year breast cancer survivor experiencing bone pain in my back and breast bone. I was there for a CT. He shared that he was there for his wife to get an iron infusion. She was a 30 year breast cancer survivor. I told him that if Ben Franklin could fight for our country in pain, so could I, and I would.

That generation paid a high price for America's freedom. Every generation that experienced war has paid a high price. I was a peace time veteran and I still came out patriotic, but I was station-keeping. My sacrifice was of time, of giving up my want-to's, but that was only because of the grace of God. Had I been called upon to sacrifice more, I would have, I will. It was the Cold War, from 1984-88.

We are fast losing this generation of men, and yes, even women, who served in World War II. This man mentioned that fact. I could see the sadness in his eyes as he spoke of the lack of patriotism. I told him that I was trying to form my thoughts for an article on Memorial Day. He asked who I wrote for, and it was on my lips to say, "Oh, just As a Mom." But I stopped myself. I dropped the "just." I said, proudly, "As A Mom. It's a Patriot site for moms. I have my own blog, too. I'm doing all I can to wake America up!"

Remember our Veterans, from ALL branches, and ALL eras, who gave their ALL to keep this country FREE this Memorial Day.


Lori Ann Smith
America's Voice Corps
Standing on the Ramparts
http://loriann12.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment