Quote

'If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel ." Benjamin Netanyahu
First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Introduction

"If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.... But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his inequity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand." Ezekiel 33:2b-6 I have not been appointed, but I feel the weight of the watchman, because I see the sword coming. How can I not warn the people?

Yuri Bezmenov
Uploaded by onmyway02.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Driving in Texas

I've been wondering, here in Texas, how illegals -- oops, excuse me, undocumented aliens -- get around. How do you register a car when you don't have a green card? How do you drive a car or insure it when you don't have it registered?

Well, we're trying to sell a car and we just had that questioned answered for us. God works in mysterious ways. You see, back in November, when I renewed (or was supposed to renew) my registration, I forgot for a month....so I mailed it in. I didn't want to go down to the office and explain that I was late. So I mailed it in the beginning of December. Ooops. No biggie. You pay $1 more to mail it, plus postage to mail it. That's why I usually just run down to the office. The hassle of standing in line is worth $1.43

So, I put the registration in the book I was reading, I think. It lay in the car for a while. I thought I gave it to my husband. I thought he put the sticker on the windshield. He thought I put the sticker on the windshield, it is after all, my car. It's now May. We're trying to sell that car. We looked and the sticker is not there.

Well, after the dust settled from the ensuing fight between the two of us (not MY fault, I thought YOU put the sticker on!), and after we tore the house apart looking for the DARN thing, I went down to the Department of Public Safety to see if they would reissue me another one. I thought about saying they never sent me one, but decided honesty was the best policy. I told the truth. They reissued me one for $6.30. I explained that we were selling that car and wanted a sticker for it. She explained to me that the laws for Texas had changed, and now the plates DON'T stay with the vehicle, nor the registration. When I sell it, I should scrape the sticker and take the plates off.

I didn't give it much thought. I paid my fee, got the registration and went home.

I was out in the front yard trimming back an Oleander bush that the bad snow had killed back to almost the roots, when someone stopped to look at my car. There was a slight language barrier, as he spoke very little English, and my Spanish, un Paquito....very little. We discussed the car as best as we could. He looked at the sticker and asked if it was out. I explained that I had payed for it, and had the sticker inside, November. He brightened and said renewed? He said he had to sell his car first and he'd be back.

After he left, it hit me. I don't know if HE was an illegal or not. But now I know how illegals do it. They buy cars that still have registration left on them. They drive it until the registration runs out, maybe a month or two afterwards, and then sell it to someone who is legal and will have no problem with registering it. Then they go and buy another one with registration left on it. How do they do this? They have jobs and don't pay taxes. They have no problem saving up the $500-1,000 for the "Hoopdies". Besides, they're probably getting benefits besides that. So they're getting food stamps, SSI, etc. Their under the table paycheck, without paying into social security, taxes, etc. goes directly into their pocket and doesn't pay for their food. If they buy a car with registration left on it, they can drive it no questions asked as long as they don't break the law. They could probably drive it a couple months out of registration...I did...as long as they don't break traffic laws. If you don't give a police officer a reason to stop you, he can't ask for your immigration card. Arizona knows that, too. So does California.

Before you yell racist at me.....we're also selling a house. We are selling a 5 bedroom, 3.5 bath house. We've had a multi-family come look at it. That's not multi-generational, that's multi-family. Now, personally, I don't care who buys it. I'll sell it to whoever has the money. If 2 or 3 families want to go in and live together, that's fine with me. I'll sell it to them. I actually considered it before. I considered moving in with my best friend and home schooling all our kids. We decided against it. Do I think all multi-family units are illegals? No. They could be fundamentalists. If they were fundamentalists, they would speak English.

BUT, by changing the law to the plates no longer go with the car, and you have to re-register all vehicles when you buy, even from private persons, you are stopping "undocumented" aliens from being able to drive and move around in the state of Texas. I'm not saying that I agree with everything Governor Perry does, but this is one step in the right direction. Will he go further? Will he close our borders? With Arizona reinforcing the federal laws currently in place, Texas is going to become the next opening point. I don't think Mexicans are the problem, really, with the borders in Arizona.

Do you realize that there is a high element of Muslims in Arizona? The Muslim population in California is even higher. The biggest complainer against Arizona's law is California. I think they're whipping up the Hispanic community to keep the people looking away from the real problem....they want the border open so Muslims can come in and attack us freely. Breaking the law is breaking the law.

If I lose my job, and decide I don't have enough money so I need to rob a bank, they won't consider the fact that I didn't have a job, and a special needs child, they'll still put me in jail.....close our borders, enforce our laws.

Lori Ann Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment