Quote

'If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel ." Benjamin Netanyahu
First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Introduction

"If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.... But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his inequity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand." Ezekiel 33:2b-6 I have not been appointed, but I feel the weight of the watchman, because I see the sword coming. How can I not warn the people?

Yuri Bezmenov
Uploaded by onmyway02.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Enough Money?

Thomas Sowell did an interesting article on enough money...it can be found here: http://townhall.com/columnists/ThomasSowell/2010/05/18/enough_money

It got me to thinking. I have that situation inside my family that might make it easier to understand, on a more personal level. Let me explain our situation.

My husband and I make about $52,000 a year, if you include his Military retirement check. We have 2 children, one of which is special needs. We're paying 2 mortgages because we moved out of a house we had bought with my MIL and FIL. Let's just say it didn't work out. They own their half, so there's no mortgage. They send us a pro-rated half of the property tax (because she insists that they get a senior discount on their half of the property tax) and half the insurance...yes, I have to figure out what their senior discount is and it comes out to 44%.

My in-laws are both on social security, but she works part time, with no bills. My father in law gets a retirement, though really small, from another firm. When you figure all that, they actually clear more than we do. They closed off the upstairs where we used to live, which has separate heat and ac, while we're trying to sell it so it's not running.

My brother in law and his wife both work at AT&T. They make in the range of $150,000 a year with no kids. To their credit, they do have a steep mortgage because he just moved into a quarter of a million dollar condo in Dallas to be closer to his job. But that means he doesn't commute for 45 minutes one way any more.

Now, my brother in law just decided that WE are going in and buying mom a new computer for Christmas. Her computer is newer than ours. It's faster than ours. We told him if we were going to buy a computer, it would be for us. We can't even afford one for us, let alone one for her. Do you know what he told us? We have until Christmas. Skip meals and save the money we would have spent on food to buy her one.

These liberals will just never get it. When it's not their money, they just don't care. If he wanted his mother to have a new computer, he would pay for the whole thing out of his pocket. He is the richest one in our family. But, you see, he doesn't have enough money yet, but he has determined that we do have enough money. Even though we make half the amount that he does, and have twice as many people in our family as he does and probably pay the same mortgage as him (because we're paying a double one to his high priced one).

We have got to kick all the liberals out of Congress like cutting cancer out of a body.

Lori Ann Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment