Quote

'If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel ." Benjamin Netanyahu
First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Introduction

"If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.... But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his inequity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand." Ezekiel 33:2b-6 I have not been appointed, but I feel the weight of the watchman, because I see the sword coming. How can I not warn the people?

Yuri Bezmenov
Uploaded by onmyway02.

Monday, March 22, 2010

The Rape of America

I wrote this 22 years ago, but it seems so appropriate now, I'm posting it. I have no idea why I wrote this 22 years ago, there was no reason to. At that time in my life, I was transitioning out of the Navy, actually waiting to leave for Philadelphia to get out of the Navy. I believe I left Bermuda on the 12th of February. I was engaged, I wasn't even married yet. I was going home for 8 months, to get married and fly back to Bermuda a dependent. Perhaps I wrote it for such a time as this.


American Soldier's Wife
Lori Ann Smith
February 10, 1988

You took my husband from my bosom;
All my children yet to come
Will never be;
You raped my land of her goodness,
Took away her wholesomeness,
Her naivete.
Yet you ask me to forgive?
Forgive and forever live
Under your rule!
You ask me to accept the fact;
"It was discipline you lacked;
You were the fool
Who watched himself grow soft."

You ask, so an answer I do give thee:
With the last bit of moisture in me
I do spit at thee;
With my dying breath I do curse thee.

Victory can often be bittersweet;
Often it is better to honorably retreat
Than to savor the taste.
Victory can be less than you'd hoped for;
When dictation becomes a chore,
But yet a waste.
There are more like me,
Who do not accept your "victory."
Just look in our eyes.
You ask us to forgive you;
You ask something we can't do;
It's but more lies.
And we're through with deception.

You ask, so an answer we do give thee;
With the last bit of moisture in our bodies
We do spit at thee;
With our dying breaths, we do curse thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment