Quote

'If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel ." Benjamin Netanyahu
First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Introduction

"If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.... But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his inequity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand." Ezekiel 33:2b-6 I have not been appointed, but I feel the weight of the watchman, because I see the sword coming. How can I not warn the people?

Yuri Bezmenov
Uploaded by onmyway02.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Honesty and Integrity

My dad raised me to believe that a handshake was all that was needed to seal a deal. He told me (and I believe it's doubly important as a woman) that your handshake tells a lot about you. Your handshake should be firm, but not "clingy." No one likes a limp, dead handshake. Grasp firmly and pump once. I remember when I graduated from Boot Camp, they told me that the Admiral had arthritis and not to shake his hand hard. I had to fight that training, and I think I got nervous at meeting an admiral, and squeezed too hard. But, he smiled at me. A handshake tells a lot about you.

I wonder how the politicians in Washington shake your hand? Do they look you in the eye when they do it? Or are they so used to lying to you that they can look you in the eye as they lie? Where are we, America, that we can just lie down and accept lying from our politicians? We accept it as business as usual. When did this go down the tubes? Our founding fathers were men of principal. They had integrity. They were the best of the best; a few good men; chosen to serve our country; not only the Marines get the best. Why can't we get the best to serve in Congress?

Did this all start with the progressive movement as well? Did the progressives decide that men who went to war were ill equipped to run a country? So they put up for running mates men who shake your hand with limp wrists, much like the lacy collared European running mates of the 1700's I see in pictures. With the snuff boxes and the dandy poses. America has never been that. We've been the coon skin hat blazing a trail to the west. Well, while we were blazing a trail to the west and leaving the business of governing to someone else, that someone else snuck in and stole our government.

Where has the integrity gone? When a man in the highest office in the land can not be satisfied with checks and balances and go around them, we are in trouble. He wants to set himself up as king. He wants a legacy. No other President has wanted to leave a legacy. They have wanted to improve America. They have wanted to help the American people. This man is not only ignoring the American people, they know more than he does about how this will damage America. Unless of course, he knows full well what it will do to America and that's his plan all along. Then, of course, he's being honest and up front. He knows it will destroy America and that's what he wants to do. The only way he's being dishonest is in implying our best is the status quo.

Did integrity change in the 1960's? That's when a lot of the politicians in office now where coming into their own. My dad is older than most my generation. My dad is 78 now. He was one of those don't trust anyone over 30. in the late 60's. In 1969 he would have been 37. So, Obama wouldn't have liked him. He would have been an older generation. But he raised me with values that Obama apparently doesn't have. And now this man has the oval office. I wish more men like my dad were in office. And my dad is a democrat. I've told my dad, who thinks I'm too political, that if this was a case of the other guy got in office, I wouldn't be blogging. But this guy isn't a democrat. This ain't my daddy's democratic party. This guy is a radical. I'm not the radical. I'm a radical like my founding fathers.

Lori Ann Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment