Quote

'If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel ." Benjamin Netanyahu
First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Introduction

"If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.... But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his inequity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand." Ezekiel 33:2b-6 I have not been appointed, but I feel the weight of the watchman, because I see the sword coming. How can I not warn the people?

Yuri Bezmenov
Uploaded by onmyway02.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It could be a mistake....

Well, it could be a case of overworked government workers. It could be a case of too many houses to look at. It could be a case of just too much to do. I'm not one to complain. Apparently it's getting fixed right away, so I'll not complain over one incident. We'll see if it happens again.

Let me explain a little background to let you know why I got upset in the first place. Back in November this household was hopping mad. You see, that was about the time that Fort Hood took place, and the health care passed the House of Representatives. That was also the time frame that our United States flag got turned upside down as a signal of distress. We also made the local news. Well, local, for Dallas, Texas; Channel 5 NBC. Apparently a Viet Nam veteran didn't agree with using the symbol of our country as a distress signal, or didn't agree that our country was in distress, I couldn't determine which. He was upset with us. I never saw him before, and haven't since. He's not from my immediate neighborhood. I had no problems with my immediate neighbors. They all waved at me when I went by. I had a few screeching tires from passers-by, but that was it. I got a lovely note from a 16 year old girl in my mail box agreeing with me. I also got a handshake from a man who stopped by. We had put a note on the door explaining that we were protesting Congress, not America, and that we were veterans, and that it wasn't disgracing the flag, and all was according to flag regulations.

Then, when Senator Brown got elected in Massachusetts, we flipped it back right side up. The Republicans were no longer locked out of Congress. I still wondered how the President could say we filibustered, but that's another argument. We put a note on the front of the house saying way to go Mass! And way to go Sen. Elect Scott Brown! It's still there, in a frame now, because we got tired of the duct tape on the front door. And we wanted something permanent in case we needed to flip it upside down again. But, we made the news again, for flipping it right-side up. Same channel, same news man as an update to the original story. He even interviewed the same lady from the first time and she was glad we were able to turn it over.

So, everyone in our neighborhood knows our stand...we're conservative. In a very liberal neighborhood.

Then today, I get a code violation. It reads: On 2/12/2010, an inspection was conducted in the area in which you live, manage or own property. The following violations of the City of Garland Code of Ordinances were noted at the property identified as: redacted

Violation: Address Numbers - Please correct by 2/24/2010
Address numbers are required on the front and rear of the property; and must be at least 3 inches tall, visible and legible from the street and alley. Address numbers must be placed on the rear of property visible from the alley or easement.

Comments: Please place address numbers at back of property. Thank you for your time.

_______________

I thought to myself, "Self, I'm pretty sure I have numbers on the back of my house." So I went out to check. I do. Big 3" letters in black and silver, stacked directly under an American flag on a huge post that's a corner post to my wooden fence. They're plainly visible from the alley. So I called the number on the form. I left an almost civil message on her voice mail. She had mentioned that I would get a better response if I emailed her, so I did.

Here is what I emailed her:

I DO have my address numbers on my back drive. If you locate the AMERICAN FLAG on the left side of the driveway, and look directly below that AMERICAN FLAG you will find my numbers. They have been there since I moved into this house in April, 2009 as they were put there by the previous owners. There are huge, at least 3 inches big.



Have a nice day
_____________

I know, slightly smart-alec, but I was upset. She did answer me, stating that she would recheck. She said she looks at a lot of properties and could have missed them. Really? Well, she was polite, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt....this time. But more than once and I'll consider it harassment. This is my way of posting it and making it a public record. As an afterthought, this was the day after a 12 inch snow storm. Why would a public official be driving around the day after a 12 inch snow storm, the day the schools were closed, looking for code violations? Things that make you go hmmmm?

Lori Ann Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment