Quote

'If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel ." Benjamin Netanyahu
First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Introduction

"If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.... But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his inequity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand." Ezekiel 33:2b-6 I have not been appointed, but I feel the weight of the watchman, because I see the sword coming. How can I not warn the people?

Yuri Bezmenov
Uploaded by onmyway02.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Health Care and the Insurance Companies

I've been saying it for a long time....the Insurance companies are not the bad guys. The White House is painting them as the bad guys, but they aren't. I want to know why no one is pointing this out in the health care bill:

____________

SEC. 1104. ADMINISTRATIVE SIMPLIFICATION.
`(j) Penalties-

`(1) PENALTY FEE-

`(A) IN GENERAL- Not later than April 1, 2014, and annually thereafter, the Secretary shall assess a penalty fee (as determined under subparagraph (B)) against a health plan that has failed to meet the requirements under subsection (h) with respect to certification and documentation of compliance with--

`(i) the standards and associated operating rules described under paragraph (1) of such subsection; and

`(ii) a standard (as described under subsection (a)(1)(B)) and associated operating rules (as described under subsection (i)(5)) for any other financial and administrative transactions.

`(B) FEE AMOUNT- Subject to subparagraphs (C), (D), and (E), the Secretary shall assess a penalty fee against a health plan in the amount of $1 per covered life until certification is complete. The penalty shall be assessed per person covered by the plan for which its data systems for major medical policies are not in compliance and shall be imposed against the health plan for each day that the plan is not in compliance with the requirements under subsection (h).

`(C) ADDITIONAL PENALTY FOR MISREPRESENTATION- A health plan that knowingly provides inaccurate or incomplete information in a statement of certification or documentation of compliance under subsection (h) shall be subject to a penalty fee that is double the amount that would otherwise be imposed under this subsection.
__________

Now, in case you didn't catch all of that legalese...that's $1 per day, per life covered. So if an insurance company has 1 million policies out, and they're out of compliance for just one day, that's $1 million a day...until they come into compliance. It doubles if they know they're out of compliance. That would be $2 Million. Straight into the coffers of health care. Now do you understand how President Obama is paying for health care? He is bilking the insurance companies. And when they all fold, we will have his precious single payer option....we will all have government run health care. Then there will be a monopoly on health care, and they can tell the doctors to pump sand, we'll pay you what we want to pay you, you make too much anyway. We think a mammogram is worth $19. We think an MRI is worth $50. Then all the doctors will quit and all the hospitals will go out of business.

You think this is scare tactics? I already told you, I have government insurance by being insured through the military. I shouldn't complain, because it will break me to have to go somewhere else. I'd be cutting off my nose to spite my face. But I have to be honest. My husband put in 20 years with the United States Navy to get this insurance, and we never questioned it before. I started looking at it. We always assumed that they were reimbursing the providers at least 80%....that's what the media was telling us....just like Medicare, right? I dug up a years' worth of bills. It's more like 28% over the past year. No wonder no one will take Tricare Prime in the fine state of Texas.

To continue with the health care bill:

__________________

`(D) ANNUAL FEE INCREASE- The amount of the penalty fee imposed under this subsection shall be increased on an annual basis by the annual percentage increase in total national health care expenditures, as determined by the Secretary.

`(E) PENALTY LIMIT- A penalty fee assessed against a health plan under this subsection shall not exceed, on an annual basis--

`(i) an amount equal to $20 per covered life under such plan; or

`(ii) an amount equal to $40 per covered life under the plan if such plan has knowingly provided inaccurate or incomplete information (as described under subparagraph (C)).

_______________

It will go up every year, that they don't comply, so they can't just say, well I have money to spare, I can hold out for a while. That would be $20 per life PER DAY. DO YOU STILL THINK THEY'RE NOT OUT TO PUT INSURANCE COMPANIES OUT OF BUSINESS?

And do you realize what part of their financial and administration transactions are, don't you? They want to deduct your fees automatically from your bank account. They want it going directly into the HHS account. They want the federal government having all your bank information. I don't want the federal government having my personal information any more than I want the census bureau coming to my door and getting my phone number. Tim Geithner can't do his own taxes, and he wants my bank account number? I don't think so. He wants my permission to do an electronic transfer? PERMISSION DENIED.

Lori Ann Smith
Currently living in a free America, and fighting to keep it that way.

2 comments:

  1. You're one to talk with your basically free insurance. Your husband had a job for 20 years?! go figure. Many people in the US keep jobs for 20, 30 , 40 years, and still don't have healthcare for their families. I think the idea of an MRI being $19 is great, and practical. Hospitals are owned by profit-seeking partnerships/companies. In the price gouging, doctors make way too much money. They should get paid a fair wage just as anyone else. Then, they'll be a gov't incentive to go to college and become a doctor. You're an ignorant bigot...accept it. I bet you judge your kids' friends' parents to take judgement off of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you can see, this article was written almost 2 years ago. If every hospital and doctor only charged $19 for an MRI, they would all go broke. Which of course, is what this president wants. He WANTS everyone in the nation on government assistance. And my husband may have retired from the military, but that doesn't mean he didn't have to get another job. I would love it if being in the military for 20 years made one rich enough to not have to hold a job once they got out. As a matter of fact, before Obama got elected, our military retirement was not taxed, as he didn't make enough. When Obama took office, the very next tax statement I got penalized for not turning his whole retirement check into an IRA. Guess what? We had to live on it. I've never done anything but state how lucky we are to have the insurance we do. I still think the government (who is the one paying the bills) stiff the providers. Why do you think they have to charge so much? It's called cost shifting. Personally, my views have changed a bit in 2 years. I believe all insurance should just go away. Yes, even while I go through cancer treatment, I believe that. I met a lady at rehab (my husband broke his leg and was out of work for 2 months) who asked how much a procedure would cost. She was told a couple thousand depending on her insurance. When she said she would be paying cash, she had no insurance, they said, oh in that case, $800. They don't have to pay someone to deal with an insurance company. If the government was so good, and meant to be in the health care business, why am I losing doctors? Why are my co-pays going up 60-75%? Why am I having a harder time finding doctors who will take my government insurance?

    ReplyDelete