Quote

'If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel ." Benjamin Netanyahu
First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Introduction

"If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.... But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his inequity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand." Ezekiel 33:2b-6 I have not been appointed, but I feel the weight of the watchman, because I see the sword coming. How can I not warn the people?

Yuri Bezmenov
Uploaded by onmyway02.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Lord Works In Mysterious Ways

Well, the Lord works in Mysterious Ways, ways that are not known to you or me. My husband had knee surgery scheduled for day before yesterday. He had thrown out his knee a couple weeks ago. The orthopedic surgeon said he tore cartilage and they planned on going in and trimming all the damaged cartilage with a scope. He wasn't really supposed to be laid up more than a day.

We get there and, get him all hooked up to the IV and his blood pressure was 156/109 and the anesthesiologist won't put him out. They canceled surgery. He was upset, but I told him, maybe there's a reason that God doesn't want you to have surgery today.

Well, yesterday I found out the reason. At about 4:10 I was on the phone with my mother who is in Missouri. I felt a little twinge in my side, and was trying to ignore it. My husband called and as I was talking to him and it got worse. It was right where my appendix is....oh, yea. I told him it was probably nothing and I was going to see if it went away when I laid down. About 15 minutes later it was excruciating. On a scale of 1-10, I'd say it was a 10.5. My husband gets off work at 4:30 and I called at what I thought was 4:25, but it turned out to be 4:35 and he was putting his tools away. I told him to hurry home because he was taking me to the emergency room. I thought I had appendicitis.

We called his parents to meet us at the ER to pick up the kids. After signing in (and I don't know if they could read my handwriting on the form), I was taken to a room. As soon as my body hit the bed, the pain went away. Well, I'm thinking, guess it's not appendicitis. After a couple hours, and an IV and urine sample, and CT's of my abdomen, they determined that I passed a kidney stone with 2 more pending. Oh yea. I possibly get to go through this again.

But, the miracle in all this is that if my husband had gone through his knee surgery, I would have had to call an ambulance. Who knows if my insurance would have covered it? I've already blogged that they're shuffling me off into Standard for retirees, and I'll possibly be paying 20% of everything in addition to a 735% increase in premiums. Glad this happened before that takes affect. My new premium is coming due pretty soon, not exactly sure when. Possibly in June.

Bottom line? Look for your every day miracles. They're out there.

Lori Ann Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment