Quote

'If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel ." Benjamin Netanyahu
First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Introduction

"If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.... But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his inequity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand." Ezekiel 33:2b-6 I have not been appointed, but I feel the weight of the watchman, because I see the sword coming. How can I not warn the people?

Yuri Bezmenov
Uploaded by onmyway02.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Who do You Worship?

I recently had an Epiphany. Who do we worship? I turned my life over to Christ 16 years ago. At that time I surrendered my life to him. It's not an easy thing to do. It's a daily struggle. On a daily basis I have to surrender to him. Does that mean I no longer have a will? Not necessarily. I don't walk through life a zombie. I don't get messages from some other side that tells me what to do. Man, I wish it was that easy. I have to discern what I think the Lord wants me to do. I read my Bible, I listen to godly people, I look at circumstances around me and if what I want to do doesn't conflict with God's Word, I know I can do it. If I feel like God has told me to do something, and it conflicts with God's word, it probably didn't come from God.

Who else could it have come from? In my religion (Baptist), there are other forces at work in this world. God also created Satan. I believe He overhears and intervenes when we want to hear a Word from God.

But enough of the background. My Epiphany. I have struggled my whole life with issues of control. I have a background of abuse, as those who either know me or have followed my blogs know. I am gaining control of these problems because God is throwing issues at me causing me to gain control over it. Recently, he showed me the following analogy.

When you let someone control you, you are actually worshipping them. You are saying that they have more power than God. If you, like me, have given your life to Christ, then that person who is trying to control you should not have that ability. If you think they CAN control you, you ascribe them the power above God. Anything that you put above God, is worship. God can at anytime, take control of the situation away from the person who is controlling you, should He desire, if you take it to Him in prayer, and it's His will.

NOW, we apply this on a national level. Obama is controlling our nation. With my Epiphany, this means we have a nation of people who are actually worshipping Obama. When the press called Obama the Messiah, they weren't that far off. Everyone who allows Obama to control them, is worshipping him.

So, how do we NOT allow him to control us? We CAN'T do civil disobedience, because that would lead to anarchy. We see that protesting doesn't work because the people in the government don't listen to us peons. So, America, have you tried prayer? I'm not advocating that you become BAPTIST. That's not actually how I got saved, anyway. I broke out a Bible and started reading it. I started with the NEW Testament, because the Old was a little hard to understand for me. I don't remember exactly where it was at the time, but I came upon a verse that said (extremely paraphrased, it has been 16 years...) when the Lord comes for you, let him find you with clean hands.... I looked down at my nicotine stained hands, and knew that wasn't me. I only became Baptist because the church behind my grandpa's house was Baptist and the man I married was Baptist.

My testimony can be found on my blog (http://loriann12.blogspot.com) entitled My Story. I came to Christ with a hangover. I didn't stop to clean up my act....Christ takes you as you are. In the past, I had always bargained with God....just get me out of this and I'll promise to...you fill in the blank. But this time I didn't do that. I fully expected to stay right where I was. Maybe that's why God didn't leave me there.

God is like a friend. He doesn't want you to follow rules, he wants to be your friend. He doesn't want you to only be his friend on Sunday and then ignore him the rest of the week and destroy yourself. He wants the best for you all the time. He makes rules for our lives, for our good. He's not like Obama, who is making rules for our lives because he thinks he can. Obama is just a man. He is not divine. If he is controlling a nation, and you are worshipping him by allowing him to control you, you can stop. Don't be an Obama Zombie. Turn to God instead. Our nation still has a chance, just like Nineveh.

Lori Ann Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment