Quote

'If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel ." Benjamin Netanyahu
First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Introduction

"If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.... But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his inequity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand." Ezekiel 33:2b-6 I have not been appointed, but I feel the weight of the watchman, because I see the sword coming. How can I not warn the people?

Yuri Bezmenov
Uploaded by onmyway02.

Friday, August 3, 2012

A Great Awakening

Like so many people these days, I judge the world around me by the people I know.  My world is not really that large.  I know my parents (of course - well, I guess not all do); I have the people I grew up with (some of which I'm still in contact with), I have a few friends from the navy that I keep up with, my extended family, church family, a few neighbors that I know, etc.  I judge the situation of the world based on conversations with them.  In some respects, I consider myself lucky.  I have friends in all parts of the country.  One high school friend now lives in Maryland, another near St. Louis, I have friends in Missouri, Georgia, Arizona, New Mexico, really all over.

I've said before that I was raised a Democrat.  My last time to vote Democrat was 1984, and I think I voted for Dukakis.  But then I joined the Navy, and from every election on, I voted Republican.  My mother accused my husband of "turning" me.  His whole family is conservative and registered Republicans.  When I got baptised in a Baptist Church, after being raised Methodist, my dad just said at least they're both evangelical sects.  My dad hasn't been in a Methodist church since the early 70's, back when they WERE an evangelical sect.  He doesn't know they have women preachers as well as gay ones. 

But, now I know there is a great awakening among the masses.  I don't mean religion, either.  As a Protestant, I was raised to believe you didn't get mad, you didn't scream, you only had "Holy anger" when someone made fun of Jesus, but you were basically a wimp about it.  You know, turn the other cheek and all that rot.  But I see a lot of people standing up for what they believe now.  They're not just standing up for religion and faith, they're standing up for their rights.  They're waking up.

I think that's the problem with the far left.  We conservatives have just been too busy letting government run itself while we made a living and raised our families.  We are far too trusting.  We trusted the Government to run itself like it has for over 235 years.  We trusted the public school to actually teach our children the truth and actual historic events without spin.  We trusted the medical community to have our health as it's number one priority.  We were wrong and a lot of people are realizing that.  Maybe it's because the left are all academia or jobless and have more time to plan and think about these things.

Like I said, my parents were Democrats.  I say were, because they claim to be Independent with this administration.  And it's not because he's black.  My mom is a retired nurse.  When the health care bill first started being touted as the best thing since sliced bread, I started sending mom actual quotes from the bill.  That's what got me off my armchair and into politics.  I started writing blogs, and sending them to her.  She was totally against government health care.

Recently, I had a conversation with my mom.  The subject turned to high blood pressure (my husband is having problems with that).  I told her that I stopped my blood pressure pills on my own back June 1st when we sold our second house (no we're not rich and had a vacation home - we owned half a much bigger house with my in-laws who have been living in it since we moved out 3 and a half years ago - that's 3 and a half years of 2 mortgages). My blood pressure runs around 124/78 now.  I expected the lecture (yes I get those even at 48) about how I shouldn't try to treat myself.  Instead she said she thinks all these meds are just a way for companies to make money and doctors to keep you coming back.  I wedged my foot into that door and went on:  A doctor on Fox said that high blood pressure is a way of the body solving a problem: clogged arteries.  But arteries aren't clogged with cholesterol because our body makes too much.  Our body makes more because it's not getting where it needs to go.  Our arteries are clogged because they get inflamed.  Both are ways of the body repairing something, not something to just blindly fix.

For my mom, a nurse who was brainwashed by the AMA to understand that, is monumental.  I talked politics with her a while back.  It was right after the Texas primaries.  I told her I didn't vote for Romney, mostly because they had him already winning and I'm from Missouri...don't shove something down my throat.  It doesn't sit well.  You heard the saying, stubborn as a Missouri mule?  That's me.  I voted for Santorum.  But I told her now that he has the nomination, I'll hold my nose and vote for him.  She asked me to imagine how she feels, having to cross that line and vote for a Republican for the first time in her life.

Since most people's area of influence can be seen as a microcosm of the world, I take that as a good sign.  I'm actually in the real world, not like Obama who only knows academic type people.  I think America is facing it's first Great Awakening since 1776. We pledge our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor to this fight for freedom.  Come and take it, libs.

No comments:

Post a Comment