Quote

'If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel ." Benjamin Netanyahu
First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Introduction

"If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.... But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his inequity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand." Ezekiel 33:2b-6 I have not been appointed, but I feel the weight of the watchman, because I see the sword coming. How can I not warn the people?

Yuri Bezmenov
Uploaded by onmyway02.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Internet threats

You've heard all the "Conspiracy Theories" about the government taking over the Internet and making it a public utility so that they can regulate it, right? Well, I believe we've come one step closer to that being a reality. Let me tell you about a real life experience that happened to me last week.

When we moved into this house last year, we set up our utilities, including the Internet, in my name. We've dealt with the government before. I'm the wife, but I pay all the bills in this household. When we've set things up in my husband's name in the past, we've run into, "I'm sorry ma'am we can't make changes without you're husband's permission." Yes, in today's society, in the light of "woman's liberation," they are afraid that I will divorce him and retaliate and ruin him financially. The Discover card is in his name and I can do nothing without his permission. When they changed our address without his permission, I couldn't even change it back.

I put the email account under my name. We have Verizon Fios. We have everything bundled: Fios TV, Internet and Phone come on one bill. I do have the ability to access my bills on line. I send my bills in by mail, I don't pay on-line. Lately, I've been receiving a screen saying I can change over to a new system that allows me to access everything from one place. It's new and improved. My email will be linked to my bills. I didn't really want that, so I've been clicking remind me later and going on to my email. I also check my husband's email, because he just doesn't have time. I delete all the junk from his account, and tell him if he has anything important that needs to be looked at right away.

Well, last week, I couldn't access his account. It wouldn't let me log in at all. So I got on live chat to find out why. I told the representative that I was the main account, he was a sub account, he was still here if she needed his permission to work on his account, yada, yada, yada. Actually, there was no permission problems, which surprised me. She said if I had the email address and password, she assumed I had permission. Wow, how simple was that? Almost troubling. I have to remind myself to change that password.

It went smoothly, I told her that I didn't want to change to the new system, and that's when I discovered that there wasn't a choice. Everyone would be required to change over. I didn't think about it much while we were fixing the problem. It's when the dust settled that it hit me. Are the other companies doing this as well? What better way to link it as a public utility?

Now they truly can say it's a public utility. You pay your bills online. You access your TV, Internet options, Telephone options online. Everything is linked together. Your credit cards and banking is done online. They will have their arguments for regulating the Internet. They will be able to exact a fee for every transaction. If they are linked with your phone bill, how easy will it be to charge a small fee for every email? All they have to do is tack it on.

You can say it's conspiracy theory if you want, but look at the history of the past 18 months. America spoke with not wanting health care. Missouri spoke with 71% saying that they aren't going to force their population to take it, and ole Bobby Gibbs said it doesn't matter what Missouri thinks, they will take it. America said you can't tax us, so they said it's not a tax, it's a good. After it got passed and America said it's against the Commerce Law to make someone who is a citizen pay for something just to be a citizen, they backtrack and say, it's not a good, it's a tax. The majority of America was against the jobs bill....it got passed anyway. The majority of America is against the Cap and Trade and there are pieces of it in place already. Don't believe me? Look into it. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act sets aside "$2,400,000,000 for necessary expenses to demonstrate carbon capture and sequestration technologies as authorized under section 702 of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007." If they aren't planning on passing Cap and Trade, why are they setting aside money for carbon capture? Additionally, "For an additional amount for `Procurement, Acquisition and Construction', $600,000,000, for accelerating satellite development and acquisition, acquiring climate sensors and climate modeling capacity, and establishing climate data records: Provided further, That not less than $140,000,000 shall be available for climate data modeling." That's a lot of money dedicated to climate when the science has proven that global warming is wrong, that we warm, then cool.

If you need more proof, in the Jobs bill: "providing information and technical assistance to any small business owner that faces an increase in costs as a result of the enactment of any program to impose a tax on carbon emissions, either directly or through the operation of a cap and trade system on such emission limits.'."

And up for a vote:
American Energy Innovation Act (Introduced in House - IH)

SEC. 3504. TAX CREDIT FOR CARBON DIOXIDE CAPTURED FROM INDUSTRIAL SOURCES AND USED IN ENHANCED OIL AND NATURAL GAS RECOVERY.
SEC. 45R. CREDIT FOR CARBON DIOXIDE CAPTURED FROM INDUSTRIAL SOURCES AND USED AS A TERTIARY INJECTANT IN ENHANCED OIL AND NATURAL GAS RECOVERY.

H. R. 3032
`(ii) cost savings and revenue gains made possible through carbon credit trading opportunities and Federal and State renewable energy and energy efficiency tax relief programs, purchase incentives, and rebate programs;

develop a carbon footprint website that contains
`(i) educational and technical information on how small business concerns can reduce their carbon footprint;

`(ii) links to tools and information relating to carbon footprints available on other websites; and

`(iii) a carbon footprint calculator which can calculate a rough estimate of a small business concern's carbon emissions based on, but not limited to, the concern's electricity usage, heating fuel usage, and fleet mileage; ...

_________________

Do you still think just because the American people don't want the Internet to be regulated, that it won't happen? These elitists in Washington are power hungry, and drunk on their own power. The only way to cure them is cold turkey. Cut them off the power drink immediately.

I can see November from my front porch and it's incumbent-free!


Lori Ann Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment