Quote

'If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel ." Benjamin Netanyahu
First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Introduction

"If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.... But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his inequity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand." Ezekiel 33:2b-6 I have not been appointed, but I feel the weight of the watchman, because I see the sword coming. How can I not warn the people?

Yuri Bezmenov
Uploaded by onmyway02.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Bill With No Name

I am growing weary of the fight. I've been in this fight for a year now, and now they have passed a bill with no name. It's XXXXXXXXXXXXAct of XXXXXXXXX. I'm not kidding. H.R. 1586. They call it the Teacher Bill, but when you look it up, it's called XXXXXXXXXActofXXXXXXX. Why is that? Because it's got so much puke in it that they didn't know what to put in the title, so they just didn't title it.

And there's more. There's an exemption for Texas Schools.

__________________

(B) The Secretary shall not allocate funds to the State of Texas under paragraph (1) unless the Governor of the State provides an assurance to the Secretary that the State will for fiscal years 2011, 2012, and 2013 maintain State support for elementary and secondary education at a percentage of the total revenues available to the State that is equal to or greater than the percentage provided for such purpose for fiscal year 2011 prior to the enactment of this Act.

(C) Notwithstanding paragraph (8), no distribution shall be made to the State of Texas or local education agencies therein unless the Governor of Texas makes an assurance to the Secretary that the requirements in paragraphs (11)(A) and (11)(B) will be met, notwithstanding the lack of an application from the Governor of Texas.

_________________

No other state has to promise to provide assurances that they will give the same amount of money to their school system for the next 3 years, except Texas. And the requirements in 11(a) and 11(b)? Well, b is already stated, as maintaining the same amount of money for 3 years. So what is a? It's behaving to a certain code in the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965. I looked it up.

_________________

(2) ASSESSING STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES.—Subparagraph (C) of section 1111(b)(3) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 6311(b)(3)) is amended—

(A) in clause (xiv), by striking “and” at the end;

(B) in clause (xv), by striking the period at the end and inserting “; and”; and

(C) by adding at the end the following:


“(xvi) notwithstanding clause (i), at the discretion of the State, provide for out-of-level testing of children with disabilities.”.

_________________

I'm sorry, I live in Texas and I have a child with disabilities. I am very pleased with how my child was educated. And this is not the first state I've lived in. This is not the second state I've lived in. As a matter of fact, this is not the third state I've lived in. The worst state I've gotten services from was Hawaii, Mr. President. I've lived in Hawaii, Missouri, Illinois, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Texas. In all fairness, Illinois was pretty good. I would hate to rank any of them, beyond Hawaii was terrible. I home schooled him in Hawaii. The rest have been great. So why is Texas singled out to prove itself? I think the President hates the fact that we're in the red.

Governor Perry, are you listening? Are you going to stand for this slap in the face? You just got dis'd by the whole United States. I guess now there are 2 states that have been singled out by the United States as bad boys. We've been sent to the corner with Arizona. Two down, 2 to go. How soon until the border states of Canada follow suit? This President will stop at nothing until the United States is the Destroyed States of America.

They didn't tell you about the splitting of foreign taxes from the income that they came from, did they? That was in that bill. They only talk about saving teacher's jobs. They want credit for the taxes they pay on foreign income. That seems to me to encourage business to do their business overseas instead of here at home.

At the bottom of the bill, they have rescinded a huge amount of money from various bills. Where does this money go? Does it go into a discretionary fund to be spent as the Czars see fit? Does it come back to the American people? Does it not get collected as if it hasn't been spent yet? Does it go to pay down the National Debt? Come on, have you EVER seen a politician give back money?

Lori Ann Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment