Quote

'If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel ." Benjamin Netanyahu
First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Introduction

"If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.... But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his inequity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand." Ezekiel 33:2b-6 I have not been appointed, but I feel the weight of the watchman, because I see the sword coming. How can I not warn the people?

Yuri Bezmenov
Uploaded by onmyway02.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Ahh, the smell of chest nuts roasting...

Can't you just smell chestnuts roasting on an open fire? Hear the fire crackling? Envision the tinsel on the tree? Thinking those thoughts roaming through your head of what to buy for your loved one....what? Is it too early? Well, I just got an email from an Aunt of mine who is geared up for a battle. Let me explain.

I sort of agree with her, so let me lay out her battle plan first. To do her justice, I will include her whole email:

________________

I have just waged all out war on hobby lobby, if you would like to help me it would be nice. This morning I went to their store and there was the manager putting up all the Christmas deco., when I told him I thought it was a little early he informed me that it should have been up two months earlier and they were behind. I told him that stores like this are ruining the holidays and taking away all the meaning , he said that we have 'SO MANY DESIGNERS' in our area that they need all this time to get ready. I told him they could order what they need from hobby lobby's warehouse and he said sorry. That's when I told him I'd never shop there again and I stormed over to our local newspaper office. They were sorry about everything,but said that they have every right to ruin our holidays and if I would like to write a letter to the editor I could even though it might not be published. There was a time when the American people ran this country but we have become so lazy that we don't even try anymore. This may seem silly to you, and if you want to sit on your butts and let some store named "hobby lobby" rape and desecrate our nations traditions then don't forward this to your friends and family. In a world where we seem to have so little control, maybe we could stand up for something just this one time. There was once a time when the American house wife was the powerful person in America, she would write letters, boycott and and gather her friends and they could bring a corp. to its knees. Please at least forward this. Pat Waldo.

_______________

Now. My take on this. This is another example of the Obama-zombie mentality. This is another example of the minority ruling the majority. I believe the majority are probably comfortable with Christmas decorations going up right after Thanksgiving. Come on, how many people need stuff for making Christmas things? The people who "make" things for Christmas really can shop off the Hobby Lobby on-line store. It can't be more than 30% of the population. This is another example of 30% ruling our nation. When are we going to stand up and not let this happen? It's no different than health care being crammed down our throats when 70% of America didn't want it. And this guy said he was 2 MONTHS late? That means they should have put it out in April? Come on, that is really ridiculous. Why don't we have Christmas stuff out all year long? That's Easter, for Pete's sake.

My mom had a saying (which Aunt Pat is her sister-in-law), if you do something all the time, it's not special anymore. If you save something for a special occasion, but then decide to do it every week, it's not special anymore. I challenge you to find something that's your favorite thing to do. Maybe it's a cappuccino. Something that you reward yourself with when you do a good job. But do it everyday. Suddenly, it's not a reward anymore.

You want to know how I know this? I did it. I was taking a college class on line (actually 3 at one time....it was hard at my age). I decided to study at Starbuck's because I LOVE coffee. I went 3-4 times a week, and ordered a mocha every time. Yep, it got expensive, but we were doing OK, at the time. I love mocha's, and it was a treat in the beginning. It used to be how I treated myself. But after 3-4 times a week, they became not so much a treat anymore. They became common place. They weren't so special anymore. After a while I realized this and I switched to house coffee and only had a mocha once a week.

Did you ever stop to think maybe that's what they're doing to Christmas? Maybe they want to flood the market with Christmas, and by extension God, so that He's not so special anymore? And it's not just this administration. It's been happening for a long, long time. Probably since the 1960's. 1963, to be exact, when they got prayer taking out of school.

I say, since Pelosi is talking about her favorite word being "the Word," that we strike while the iron is hot. Let's start a campaign to bring God back into the schools; back into the work place; back into Congress; back into our court systems. And let's keep Christmas in December. Christ's birth is celebrated in December. Period.

Thank you Aunt Pat for taking a stand.

Lori Ann Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment