Quote

'If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel ." Benjamin Netanyahu
First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Introduction

"If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.... But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his inequity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand." Ezekiel 33:2b-6 I have not been appointed, but I feel the weight of the watchman, because I see the sword coming. How can I not warn the people?

Yuri Bezmenov
Uploaded by onmyway02.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Photo ID for Voting

I have a few questions about this. In this article Michelle Obama says,

"This is the march of our time...this is the sit-in of our time."
“We cannot let anyone discourage us from casting our ballots.”
“We cannot let anyone make us feel unwelcome in the voting booth. It is up to us to make sure that in every election, every voice is heard and every vote is counted. That means making sure our laws preserve that right.”

What issue was she so adamant about?  Voter ID laws.  Not the abuse that women get overseas in Muslim countries, not the economy, not job losses, it's not the 14 year old in a Muslim country who got shot in the head for advocating the education of women.  It's voter ID.

I took my son down to a government office to apply for more benefits.  He's on SSI because he's 22 and has Down syndrome and autism.  He'll never have a job.  A friend of mine said that he could get "Day Care," which is really an opportunity for him to socialize.  What 22 year old wants to stay home all day with their mom, unless they're blogging away in their underwear in their mom's basement.  I needed a photo ID of him.  His school ID counted, anything with his picture and name on it that was official.

When I was close to 21 (actually up until I hit 30), if I went to a bar or liquor store to drink/buy liquor, I had to present a photo ID saying I was 21 or older.  I have to admit, I was never carded for buying cigarettes, though, but they're supposed to ask for ID when you do that, too.

So, my question is this:  If voter ID laws affect the poor disproportionately, because they can't "afford" to get state ID's or can't get to the office to get them, how do the poor get their government benefits?  How do they even apply for benefits if it's so difficult to get to the office?  Why is it that when you register your car, they register you to vote, but can't give a free state ID card?  How do the poor get their alcohol?  How do the poor get their Obama phones?  How do the poor get their cigarettes?

This whole argument has only two possible explanations:  1) Obama can't stand on his record over the last 4 years because it's G-d awful or 2) They really want people to be able to vote for the dead, vote multiple times in multiple states or vote for someone who doesn't care to vote, or they want illegals to be able to vote because they've been brainwashed that the Democratic party is "for" them.

If you need a photo ID to get money from the government, or to buy cigarettes and alcohol, why shouldn't you need a photo ID to vote?  Voting is far more important than getting your EBT card.

No comments:

Post a Comment