Quote

'If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel ." Benjamin Netanyahu
First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Introduction

"If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.... But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his inequity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand." Ezekiel 33:2b-6 I have not been appointed, but I feel the weight of the watchman, because I see the sword coming. How can I not warn the people?

Yuri Bezmenov
Uploaded by onmyway02.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Life Before, a break from politics, well sort of

I was perusing the other blogs yesterday, and I noticed a few things. I told you in my introduction that I'm new to the blogosphere, and I'm gonna make mistakes. I thought I could pick up a few pointers from those who are more experienced at this than I am. There are a lot of you out there who have been doing this for years! Blogging can be what one makes of it.

I noticed blogs that apparently were just venues to vent. I noticed blogs that were more like online journals. Some were even shrines to their boyfriends, or family albums. What a great way to keep long distance families up to date with current events. What a great way to let someone in the city "in on" a view of country life.

I waxed a little nostalgic. I remembered what life was like before I read the health care bill. I ran across a blog on how to craft. I used to sit and knit. I knit quite well. I've been knitting since I was 8 years old. My dad taught me how to knit. His mom taught me how to crochet. My mom taught me how to do crewel embroidery. Her mom taught me how to quilt. My dad taught me that if you learn how to read instructions, you can teach yourself how to do anything.

My dad never went to college. He graduated high school, as did my mom. His parents didn't go to high school. Grandma made it to the 8th grade and grandpa made it to the 4th grade. But they were smart people. It was a different era then. I took a year of college as an art major. That's my drawing on my blog. I used to love Hank Williams, Jr. best of all. I say used to, because my tastes have broadened. I still like him, or his picture wouldn't be here. I can't draw like that anymore after working in a factory: carpal tunnel syndrome.

But I found bloggers are of all types, some are quite intelligent. It does make me wonder at the attacks I've gotten in the past for my views. If bloggers are so intelligent, why do I get attacked on an emotional level, and not with facts?

But I digress, because I wasn't going to make this blog a political one. My point was, and I believe I've made it, is that politics have invaded my life over the past year. There was a lady on the mom show that Glenn Beck did, who said it so well. I don't remember her exact wording, but she said this time last year we were talking about fashion and the Emmies, and now it's politics. For me it was shopping, fashion and knitting. And it was before my special needs son graduated from high school, so I was going to Star Buck's. Now I sit at home with him, and research. He exercises, and I research. He listens to AC/DC, and I research. I try to squeeze in house work somewhere. My husband is regretting getting me into politics.

I believe things now that I would have believed were conspiracy theory a year ago. Who would have thought a sitting president would call down the supreme court officials in a State of the Union address, a forum where they could not respond? And when they react, on a gut level, to a lie, they get called down in public again? And President Obama knows it's a lie, because he's a constitutional lawyer and teaches the constitution. Heck, I even understand it. They only repealed it because they know Americans are mad, don't have a lot of money and are going to pool their money in conservative organizations to back the candidates they want to. They also know they are going to wait until 60 days before election and smear the good candidates. Then we can't do anything to stop them. They'll already have all their money. The Tea Party is, by American values, disorganized. We're made up of individuals. That's the American way. We ARE individuals. I'm not even part of it. I have never been to a rally. I have only donated once. I don't have any extra money to donate. I donated $20 to, oh who was the candidate? Huffman? I could only pray for Scott Brown.

Will I ever be able to go back to just sitting and knitting? I don't know. I consider myself a patriot. I pulled my head out of the sand and looked around. I don't like what I see. I can't just stick my head back in the sand and let the progressives take over. What if they decide that knitting isn't good for me? What if they decide that my handicapped son doesn't deserve to live? It's not good for society. I do have a couple brain cells to rub together and I did study history a bit. That scares me. They are even coming out of the woodwork and calling themselves progressives now. Wow, bold. I challenge you to get an OLD history book and look up progressives. Can you say eugenics? I don't know if they'll go with race, but I think they'll go with class. And I don't think they'll let anyone else climb the ladder. That's not the American way.

That's Obama's first lie. He doesn't want America to be number two? Yea, right. Well, I guess I proved my point. Politics have invaded my life. Washington, I know how to research, and this isn't just aimed at the top. We're watching all of Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment