Quote

'If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel ." Benjamin Netanyahu
First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Introduction

"If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.... But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his inequity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand." Ezekiel 33:2b-6 I have not been appointed, but I feel the weight of the watchman, because I see the sword coming. How can I not warn the people?

Yuri Bezmenov
Uploaded by onmyway02.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Changes in Medicaid

I have an adult son on Medicaid (SSI), and I just received a letter that they will be changing his Medicaid. I got one earlier, but figured it didn't really apply to me, as I don't use the medical services. He is covered on our insurance (military Tricare Prime), and his pediatrician doesn't accept Medicaid...but he does Tricare Prime, which is odd, but that's another article.

This sort of ties in with another article I did, about free cell phones for those on any government program. We had gotten a flyer attached to our door (I guess they just hit everyone) about this very thing. If you were on a government program (I believe it even included unemployment), you could qualify for a free cell phone (texting was extra), with up to 200 free minutes a month.

This new letter basically told me that I had no choice but to go with the change. I'm going to get a service coordinator...I wonder how much that costs the government? They are going to add service coordinators to everyone on a government program? Either they are going to have to add a bunch more employees to an already bloated government, or they will be stretched so thin as to be of no use. I'm one of the lucky ones and don't ever need to call Social Security for a problem. I did in the beginning, and it took them 3 months to get my name right (I've been married for 21 years and they were using my maiden name) and my address. I can hardly wait to see how they are when they are "coordinating" every thing. Yea. Government "efficiency" at it's best.

In a nut shell, this is what my letter said. First, I don't believe they gave me a choice. Second, it states if you're in a nursing home, you can't change. What? That would be doubling the services? Since when has that stopped the government? There's a veiled threat at the end. If they don't hear from me by January 14, 2011, I'll continue with what I have, but I won't have a primary care giver, health plan, or a service coordinator.

So, I have 2 choices: Molina Healthcare of Texas, or Superior Health Plan Plus. Molina offers up to 18 one-way trips to doctor visits after all Medicare ride benefits are used (one-way? does that mean 9 actual visits, or find a way home yourself?); Up to $500 a year for exams, x-rays, fillings, tooth pulling, and 2 cleanings for age 21 and over. Other services are 25% off...does that mean they aren't covered anymore? I'll also get a $20 gift card for over-the-counter meds every 3 months (on request); PRE-PROGRAMMED CELL PHONE (what is pre-programmed?); Weight watchers membership (What?) and 1 Emergency Preparedness kit for each family.

The Superior program offers horse-riding therapy for certain members age 20 and under; up to $15 for membership in a gym. And that's it.

I haven't called to verify some of these items. I plan on asking 1) do I have to take the phone? 2) is membership in Weight Watchers mandatory? 3) Is the program even necessary if I have a primary care giver that doesn't take Medicaid in the first place.

On another piece of paper in this packet they sent me is a list of common questions. It states that this program is required for all Medicaid recipients over age 21 who receive SSI; guess I got my answer to that one. My son turns 21 in May. I don't want him to have a government provided, pre-PROGRAMMED cell phone. I want him to have a cell phone that he can call me if I'm at the grocery store and the power goes off, but not from the government. My son is capable of being by himself for a couple hours, but I'm usually with him. What does he need a phone for? Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I know they can put tracking devices in phones. Heck, just a GPS in a phone would tell them where that person is at all times. Do we need to go there? The government knowing where all the people on any government program are at all times?

I think I may just let it lapse, and see if they force me to take a program. I don't use Medicaid anyway. And as soon as our other house sells, we're stopping SSI.

No comments:

Post a Comment